Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy tummy

Oh my ... I went looking for a new pumpkin muffin recipe this morning before Miss E was awake, and stopped on a blog I really enjoy: Baking Bites. I found a couple of muffin recipes that left me drooling, and on one page, there was a related link to ... Chai Oatmeal. That caught my attention. I just absolutely love chai (as much as I love my lattes), and we eat oatmeal about every other morning these days. Miss E loves chai, too. I love spicing up plain oatmeal with a variety of add-ins, but this one topped any of my own creations, so I had to share it: chai oatmeal with mango.

Her description alone had me, but once I got a bite of my own this morning, I was hooked. I think this is a new favorite. She really hit on it with the mix of chai spices and the mango. I added raisins (sorry, I always have to do something, don't I?), but other than that, followed it with my own size of dashes and half dashes of spices. Ah, you must check it out ...

Now, maybe after I finish a doll, clean the cat boxes, squeeze in a workout, and marinate some chicken, I might have time to make those muffins. Who am I kidding?!?!?

No comments: