Thursday, March 26, 2009

Felt sweets

Where oh where did the first quarter of 2009 go?! Surprisingly, I was barely in front of the sewing machine for most of January and February ... Instead, I was hand sewing a TON of felt sweets. I made a half dozen cookies for a 2-year-old's birthday, and then a half dozen more for a friend's children. Add in four petit fours and a handful of chocolate bonbons for those kiddos. It was supposed to be a Christmas order, but since my time has slowed to a crawl, they worked out as a Valentine's treat. I whipped out a heart-shaped blueberry tartlet for Miss E for Vday, as well as a handful of tiny heart-shaped cookies. And no, I don't seem to have any photos of those!

The cutest, though, were the bunny cakes. They are, according to my Japanese craft book, a traditional November treat in Japan. In any case, they are quick to whip up and just plain adorable. I made three; two vanilla and one chocolate. Miss E, taking after her mother, chose the chocolate bunny to be hers.

The felt sweets are adorable, but they take up so much time that I've decided to wind down on those and get back to sewing ...



3 comments:

Haley said...

that last plate of goodies is particularly amazing. so sweet and adorable!

Libby Hickson said...

I soooo want to learn to do this! And crochet! Why aren't there more hours in the day?

Libby Hickson said...

PS... they are so adorable!! (I sound like a broken record with the adorable comments, but that's just the perfect word for what you make...) :-)